Mjuk pepparkaka - Gingerbread Sponge Cake





When I asked my husband what he most wanted me to bake for Christmas he said without hesitation the gingerbread sponge!". That is a good choice because it is easy to make and great in flavor.


Here is an easy recipe that I found in one of my grandmother's old recipe books. The odd measurement is kkp, which means coffee cups, and is equivalent to 1.5 dl.












Ingredients:
3 eggs
2.5 kkp sugar or brown sugar
1 kkp cream or sour cream (the recipe states, mostly soured cream)
2 tbsp lingonberry jam
just over 1.5 kkp melted butter
1.5 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cardamom
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
0.5 tsp ground ginger
some coarsely chopped almonds
a handful of rinsed raisins
a small pinch of salt
1.5 tsk bicarbonate
2- 2.5 kkp plain flour







I didn't add the almonds because my husband doesn't enjoy them in this. And I also left out the raisins because I'm not fond of them. So you see that the recipe is forgivable and you can adjust it to your own preferences.


Method:
Warm the oven to 175 degrees C (350 F). Combine eggs and sugar, mix 2-3 minutes. Then add the other ingredients and pour the batter into a greased and floured cake tin, 2 liters. Bake in lower part of oven for 35-45 minutes.


Good luck!






Kommentarer

Most Popular