Kolakakor - Caramel Cakes


Here is a recipe for little cakes that you simply stir together. It has been in my recipe collection for at least 20 years, but never really grabbed my attention. Recently I read it through and realised they must be very quick and easy to make. I decided to give them a try and what a success they were! My husband and son vacuumed them all up in no time! According to them they are addictive. I have now made them a few times and each time they seem to just fly off the plates! 




I find that the best method is to place the right number of moulds before you start baking, to help get the thickness of the bottom layer right. I also recommend making one and a half batch of the glaze... you'll want to put more on, it is that good.

Makes 60 little cakes.


Ingredients:
Bottom layer:
300g butter, melted
3 dl oat flakes
1 egg
3 dl sugar
5 dl plain flour
4 tsp baking powder

Glaze:
150 g butter
3 dl sugar
6 tbsp whole cream
3 tbsp cocoa powder
100 g chopped hazelnuts


Method:

Make the bottom layer: set the oven to 150 C (300F). Set out 60 disposable aluminium cake moulds on a baking tray.
Mix the dry ingredients in  bowl and mix in the egg. Add the melted butter last.
Distribute mixture evenly between the moulds.
Bake in middle of oven, for approximately 20 minutes.

Make the glaze: Melt the butter in a pan. Add the other ingredient and let it come to a boil. Remove from heat at the first bubble. Pour over the cakes when they come out of the oven and let set.

Enjoy!

Kommentarer

Most Popular